SIL has a complete in-house engineering, manufacturing and environmental facility to research, design, manufacture and test space qualified hardware for multiple aerospace platforms.
SIL’s 6000 square foot facility has capabilities, certifications and practices including:
- Systems engineering, electrical and mechanical design, test and assembly
- Rapid development and production of innovative engineering system solutions
- GPS and satellite communication antenna test lab via roof setup
- Lockheed Martin certified environmental testing systems – thermal cycle / vacuum chambers, random and sine vibration machines, and shock machine
- Design engineering software development tools including: VxWorks, Solid Works, Matlab, OrCad, RF/Antenna Simulation software for the rapid development and production of new engineering system solutions
- Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company approved supplier
- Annual calibration of all lab equipment by Precision Labs, a certified calibration company in California
- ESD manufacturing and test areas adhering to SIL ESD plan
- DCAA approved accounting system (CPFF contracts) and forward pricing rates
- SIL approved supplier chain (parts, materials, PCB, machining, etc.)
- External manufacturing of enclosures and class III printed circuit boards via SIL approved vendors with high quality and rapid turn-around
- SIL technicians and assemblers certified J-STD-001 with space addendum for soldering and NASA soldering, crimping and surface mount training
- NASA JSC approved supplier to design and manufacture NASA ISS batteries
SIL accomplishes this work at the highest quality using an AS9100 Quality Management System with continual daily improvement to reach the next level of excellence.