Chameleon 6U to 27U Open, Modular, Scalable and Reconfigurable (OMSR) Bus are engineered to the highest military standards (MIL-STD) for command, data handling, telemetry, tracking and control. Chameleon 6U to 27U OMSR features and automatic deployable solar panel array system for complex DOD, NASA and Commercial nano-satellite and micro-satellite missions.
Chameleon MIL-STD 6U to 27U nano/micro satellites use GPS L1/L2 receiver and Attitude Determination and Control System (ADCS) to provide precise satellite ephemeris data and Nadir attitude pointing (< .1 degrees) to be used to support various DoD, NASA and Commercial missions.
Chameleon 6U to 27U OMSR Bus can be used to support a disaggregation architecture to reduced cost for the following advanced DOD missions: Position Navigation Tracking, Space Situational Awareness, Space Weather Monitoring, Protected, Tactical Communications, Offensive Space Control, Unprotected Communications, Space to Impervious Surface Ratio (ISR), Terrestrial Environmental Monitoring and Nuclear Detonation Detection.
Chameleon 6U to 27U OMSR Bus architecture that simplifies payload integration and easily adapts to new user requirements.
- GPS L1/L2 High Dynamic Receiver that tracks all in view
- Low-Power PC104 Dual Core Processor (1.33 Ghz, 6 watts) and/or PCI104 RadHard 100K Rad and SEU Immune with the following Com Ports
- Four RS- 232/422/485 Async Com Ports, Four RS-232/422/485 Sync Ports, two USB 2.0, two Ethernet (100Mbps to 1Gbps) and LVDS
- S-Band Software Defined Radio Downlink (2 or 5 watts) ultra efficient transmitter for medium data rate payload data (100 Kbps to 5 Mbps)
- Ka-Band Satellite transceiver and Antenna option for high data rate payload data (10 to 100 Mbps)
- Standard Electrical and Mechanical Interface for Payload Plug-n-Play interface
- 12Vdc, +5Vdc and +3Vdc Regulated and High/Low Speed Comm Ports for Payload data
- 6U, 12U and 27U payload volume defined
- Li-Ion Polymer Intelli-Pack® EPS – 12.6 to 33.6 Vdc, 5 or 10 Ah fully rechargeable and high continuous current (30 Amps) and pulse current (60 Amps, 200msecs) for payload power
- High Power and Deployable Solar panels (highly efficient triple junction GaAs panels) with On Orbit Average Power (OAP), 45Watts (OAP) – 6U, 60Watts (OAP) – 12U and 90 Watts (OAP) – 27U
USPTO Patent # 9,730,339 B2